Green Trucks Electric Vehicles
Altec offers “Environmentally Responsible Engineered Solutions” through Altec Green Fleet—a collection of products that encompass the industry’s most advanced technologies to help customers operate more efficiently and reduce impact on the environment.
JEMS® Hybrid-Electric Technology
Altec JEMS® (Jobsite Energy Management System) is an integrated plug-in system that uses stored electrical energy to power the aerial device, tools and exportable power, and provides cab comfort. The energy storage system is recharged by plugging into shore power or by the truck’s internal combustion engine.
This innovative, patented technology:
- Eliminates idle time at the job site
- Reduces fuel consumption
- Lessens noise pollution
- Decreases carbon footprint and tailpipe emissions
- Minimizes impact on payload
- Offers reliable performance with automatic stationary recharge
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Complies with anti-idle legislation
- Is approved by the EPA
Other All-Electric Technologies and Alternative Energy
Our Engineers have developed interfaces and designed body configurations that integrate products with electric chassis, which provide both drive-cycle fuel savings and reduce fuel consumption at the job site.
- Eaton Full-Hybrid Drivetrain
- EPRI – Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Smith All Electric Vehicle (SEV) – All-Electric Work Trucks
Altec is deploying vehicles converted to operate on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Green Diesel. These fuels reduce operating costs and burn cleaner, resulting in a reduction of tailpipe emissions.
- BioPure hydraulic oil: The highest ASTM rating and is non-toxic to plants and animals.
- Compressed Natural Gas: Produces zero evaporative emissions and offers increased energy security and significant savings.
- “Green” Diesel: Biodiesel emits 78.5% less carbon emission, compared to petroleum diesel.
Lightweight Material: Altec Aluminum and Fiberglass Bodies
Altec puts more time, resources, engineering and expertise into developing their Bodies than any other manufacturer in the industry. From design to fabrication, Altec is building the highest quality, most dependable bodies to meet customer demands—including the offering of sustainable materials. Altec Aluminum and Fiberglass Bodies provide lighter weight options, which result in increased payload and offer the benefit of stepping down to a decreased GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) chassis.
Benefits of Altec Aluminum and Fiberglass Bodies:
- Up to 45% lighter than steel
- Approximate 9% fuel savings
- Reduced tire, suspension and brake maintenance
- Increases payload
- Seamless design (accepts a variety of paint finishes); MIG and TIG-certified welded
- Strong and corrosion-resistant
- Retains a high value and can be recycled indefinitely
- Made of 65% recycled material
- Offered on all standard service bodies, utility line bodies, flatbeds, enclosed service bodies and accessories
Altec Green Fleet developments are the result of Altec’s culture of sustainability and continuous improvement. Altec believes that a Green Product strategy should include the products we create and the way we do business.